4/20/08

The best family vacation!!




Ok I decided that my favorite vacation with the family is to drive 2 hours max. to a hotel. Travis had a podiatry conf. in Scottsdale 2 hours away. We left Flagstaff with maybe 55 degree weather and arrived in Scottsdale two hours later to a beautiful 85 degrees. I still can't believe how different 2 hours can be from pine trees to palm trees. Anyway, it was fun to watch how excited the kids were to drive up to the hotel, ride the elevator up to our room, check out their beds and the bathroom and then get into their swimming suits. We swam Friday afternoon then went out to eat and shop. Saturday while Travis went to his conference we just swam and enjoyed to beautiful sunshine. Grandma, Michelle and the girls came to swim with us too. It was so much fun for us because we just relaxed and talked while watching the kids have a blast. This was my kind of vacation-relaxing by the pool, shopping and sleeping in a nice clean bed. We need to definitely do this again.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

85 degrees sounds sooo good right now. I'm so ready for warm weather. That sounds like a great getaway! I love hotels.

Leanne said...

How fun, by the way you left Caden's other swimsuit here from TJMax

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Love the new posts! Your kids are amazingly beautiful:) Im excited for you to have another!
I cant wait to get out in some sunshine and swim...maybe tan up this white body of mine!

claytonandmaryannyates said...

that looks and sounds like it was a lot of fun. I love vacations that involve the sun, eating and SHOPPING! it always help to write what i'm felling on paper or wherever. I was told that you can't lie to yourself in pen. that always has been true for me. your entry was a prime example of that; you were venting at first and then you turned to gratitude for your kids and your husband and the love for being a mother. it's amazing how we can help ourselves if we just take a min. and face what's bothering us and get to the solution of what we need to do about it. GREAT JOB! Writing a gratitude list always helps me when i get caught up in all the things that are bugging me about my situation(LIFE)I love you!

Melissa Bosen said...

Amen to that! I love staying in hotels too--as long as their not gross. But I'm sure all of the hotels in Scottsdale are NICE. It was fun to see you and hang out for a little bit! We love you guys! Can't wait for Powell! Are you dreading a camping trip? :) I hear they have hotels there now!