7/20/08

My absolute favorite!!




It makes me so happy when I catch my kids reading. They have really enjoyed the summer reading program at the library this summer. The theme is "learning to catch the reading bug." And after they read a certain amount they get to pick out a "bug" prize. Its just such a nice QUIET activity that I don't mind them spending hours doing. We have also discovered we like to lay on our beds and listen to books on CD. Its a nice way to spend quiet time while Sadie is taking a nap.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WAY TO GO CADEN, MATTHEW, AND SADIE with you reading! Grandma Reber is a bookaholic. You can never have too many books or read too much. It was so much fun to spend time with you and I look forward to spending time each month as we give your parents some away time. Love you! Grandma Reber

Laurie said...

You're very lucky that your kids like to read! Jemma loves books, and we finally discovered that Jordan will read anything that's nonfiction, but fiction just doesn't hold his interest. I was getting stressed about his lack of desire to read - until we found his niche.

Cameron and Michelle said...

holy cow where have i been during all of these posts? i like crew. we loved having you. it helped keep the kids occupied. since you left all i have heard is, "i'm bored" can't wait to come visit and see little crew or is it crewette?