8/20/08

Crew Charles Reber is here!!





My water broke at 5:30 am. Yay!! We woke the kids up. They were so excited to go with us to the hospital. Celeste met us over there. Sadie stayed with Celeste at the hospital and the boys went home with my good friend Jori. For the most part the labor went great. We were a few minutes away from a C-section because his heart rate was so low. But when the nurse checked and I was dialated to a 7
so they decided I could go on my own. As soon as he came out they took him to the NICU because he inhaled blood/fluid. He was only there for a few hours and has been doing great since. He is a great eater and did great last night. I always love that first night bonding time. I felt really grateful because the baby next door was screaming most the night. And Crew was as content as could be. Lets hope he stays that way. Caden had some cute questions about the baby. He wanted to know if the nurse had to wipe food off the baby since he was in my stomach. We asked Matthew if he wanted to stay while Crew was being born. He said, "no way, I don't want blood to squirt on me!" Celeste took a bunch of pictures with her camera so I will post some more soon. We think he looks like Sadies baby pictures. Oh ya, he was 7pnds 9 0z and 20.5 inches long.

9 comments:

Leanne said...

your kids are just so cute, and their comments are so funny. Welcome CREW, we love to have more boys!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute baby crew and so glad he is here and fine. Congratulations we will see you soon. We love you

Anonymous said...

Cute baby crew and so glad he is here and fine. Congratulations we will see you soon. We love you

Amy said...

Crew!! Welcome to the world. Laualee and Travis congrats to you both. I'm sure Caden had some stories to tell today at school. If you need anything please let me know. Way to keep up the blog.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS that Crew Charles is here. We figured out that he is #7for the Reber side and #18 on the Meacham side. It was so fun to be with Caden, Matthew, and Sadie and feel their excitement with a new baby! Love, Grandma Reber

jayna said...

So what number GREAT grandchild is he for Grandma and Grandpa Wilkes? I can't keep track anymore! Auntie Jayna

jayna said...

So what number GREAT grandchild is he for Grandma and Grandpa Wilkes? I can't keep track anymore! Auntie Jayna

jayna said...

So what number GREAT grandchild is he for Grandma and Grandpa Wilkes? I can't keep track anymore! Love, Auntie Jayna P.S. He's a cutie!

Melissa Bosen said...

Caden is a funny kid! Cute stories!