8/20/08

Crew Charles Reber




We named Crew after his great grandpa Charles Wilkes. Grandpa Wilkes has many wonderful qualities. But the quality I want Crew to know about his Grandpa is that he is one of the most Christ like person we know. He is so humble, kind, gentle, giving and forgiving, just to name a few. We love Grandpa Wilkes and are so happy to name our son after him. We just found out that the house we were looking at and really were excited about didn't work out for us. And on the way home from the hospital I was thinking about that and realized I didn't even care. Its just a house and I've got everything I've ever wanted with me and waiting for me at home. I just wanted to go home and be with my kids and husband. I am so grateful to know about the plan of salvation. To know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves each of us, just like we know and love each of our own children. I love watching my kids gain testimonies of their own. I love teaching them the stories in the Book of Mormon and the primary songs. I am so grateful for my husband, he is so patient and forgiving. I love how the kids love and look up to their Dad. As I look at our new little baby who Heavenly Father has trusted Travis and I to raise and teach, I can't help but think about these things. I want to teach him all about his Father in Heaven who loves him and I'm sure perhaps will miss him too for a short while. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation and how Crew has just gone thru an important part of that plan, getting a body. We love him already so much and am so greatful Heavenly Father has trusted Travis and I to raise him.

11 comments:

Cameron and Michelle said...

Love the car seat. I am sure the right house at the right time will come along and you are right that it really just doesn't matter. we are just bummer we can't come help you move. I thought I better come out and take pics but forgot Celeste is there and does such a good job! Crew really is so sweet. don't get too excited because the baby next to us in the hospital was screaming while Kade was content:) does he take a binki good? I love his name! I am glad you are home with your family. sorry we are not there. enjoy the peace and quiet though huh? we love you guys so much!!!

Bethany said...

Congratulations! I'm glad things turned well, it sounds like it was a little stressful at times. Crew is adorable! Enjoy this special time.
-bethany (from the ward)

Anonymous said...

You are so right, it just does not matter, and the older I get, it could not be more true!!!!! I am so grateful things went well, and am anxious to see you and Crew. We are very proud of you and your family.

Laurie said...

We are so happy for you! I liked hearing about his middle name.

claytonandmaryannyates said...

I love his name. it's so fun to watch everyones family grow. I love the reactions and comments of the older ones. Caden looks like he will be such a big help. All your kids are so dang cute. Love you and Congratulations.

Unknown said...

CONGRATS Travis and Lauralee on the birth of Crew Charles Reber. Thanks for letting me be a small part of theis wonderful experience. We are so grateful that Lauralee didn't have to have a C section (I did with #4).

I love his name and am so pleased that he is named after my 82 year old father. My dad is the "most perfect man" I personally know. He truly exemplifies the characteristics of the Savior and continues his Church service as a temple worker and a stake patriarch.

Thanks for letting Caden, Matthew, and Sadie come to "Grandma Camp" earlier in August. A dozen people commented how kind, obedient and well behaved they were at the baptism and also in Church. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN and can't wait til our next time together!!!!!

I am almost moved to tears each time I hear them pray and express appreciation to Heavenly Father for their blessings and petition to be safe, choose the right, and share the gospel.

For 22 years I earnestly prayed that Travis could find a wife that would share his same goals and desires and help him to be his BEST SELF. I thank Heavenly Father many times each day that he found Lauralee!!!! What a joy it is to have her as a daughter-in-law!

Enjoy, enjoy because they grow up way too fast!!!! Love you all so much! Grandma Reber

Heidi said...

congratulations Laur! WE have been waiting to hear the great news! I know how you feel about the house, we were looking for a what seemed a long time, just to find a place to move, after a few that we really loved fell through we found a place that is great, and we feel good about it. Whatever is right and in the Lord's plan will work out. Love ya

Melissa Bosen said...

Congratulations you guys! I'm glad you named him Crew--it was my favorite for sure! Lauralee, thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts. You're awesome and such a great mom!

Sarah said...

Kelly and I are so happy for you! I loved reading your touching tribute to Grandpa Charles. HE IS BEAUTIFUL, like all of your babies have been. Congrats and we can't wait to talk to you soon.

Natalee and Randy said...

I know this is random--- and maybe a little strange...but I can't believe I found you! Do you remember us? We lived next door to you in American Fork! I have always wondered what you guys have been up to. I found your blog through a friend of a friend. Strange!! Crew is so adorable! You have such a cute family, I can't believe how big your other kids have gotten! You can visit us at randyandnatalee.blogspot.com, or email me at www.natrand_hardy@yahoo.com! Take care & hope to hear from you soon!

Annalyn said...

I am so sorry this is so belated...congratulations!! It is so funny how familiar those hospital rooms look , isn't it! I hope things are going well!