8/11/08

No baby yet!!

Oh man, I thought I would have this baby by now!! I have been having the worst nights sleep. I don't know if my bed is too soft or what (probably the 45 pounds I have gained), but I cant sleep for more than an hour without my back and hips hurting. I have been waking up and not being able to fall asleep. So this morning at 4:30 (after trying to go back to sleep for an hour) I decided to just get up and do something useful like blog. It was actually pretty fun. I caught up on some friends blogs and did some scrapbooking. Yesterday I got up at 5:00am and prepared my primary lesson, read scriptures, showered and got ready all before the kids woke up at 7:00am. Wouldn't it be great if Moms only needed two hours of sleep? Think how much we could get done in the middle of the night! What a great goal that would be to go to bed early and then wake up two or three hours before the kids, just to get things done and ready for the day. My problem is I go to bed early, but still get up the same time as the kids do anyway. When I was a kid I NEVER saw my mom sleep in. She was always up exercising or COOKING breakfast when we got up. I'm embarressed to say, that when our boys wake up they walk straight to our room, shut the door, and then watch cartoons. If Sadie wakes up they will go get her and set her on the couch with them. Once in a while they will come back in and say, "Mom and Dad, its time to get up." Trav and I think its so funny. We were kind of proud of our kids for being so quiet and letting us sleep in. Now its getting a little old and I don't want Caden and Matthew to remember how lazy their parents were in the mornings. Funny though huh?
I am really excited to get back in shape and to loose this 45 pounds that I have gained. I am dreading how hard it is. Leanne is my motivation. She entered a contest and won $1000 by loosing all her baby weight. Its a lot of hard work and I'm not sure I'm ready yet.
I have a doctors appointment today. I really hope I am dialated some. I was hoping to have the baby on 8-8-08. How cool would that have been? I was all ready. The house was spotless and all the laundry was done. Even the bathroom rugs. Now I don't care when I have it. Just soon I hope. Like today would be good. Well its getting so late in the morning, its now 6:00am. I probably should get something done like a nap. I will let you know if anything exciting happens today.

3 comments:

Cameron and Michelle said...

I really hope you guys get that house and we could come and help you move and hopefully see the new baby too! I would love to be able to stay up all night and get things done if I could but I am so tired at night and am lucky if I get a minute here and there in the day to just pick up the house. I want to do more scrapbooking. I am excited for your new baby. I hope he isn't colicy like Kade.

Laurie said...

So exciting! Let us know when he arrives!!

At least you're making good use of your sleeplessness.

Doug and Tami said...

Laughing so hard about the sleep in! My kids do the exact same thing to us all summer long. Things change once we get back into school though! Glad to know that I am not the only one. Were excited and waiting to hear about the baby....